If you object to any aspect of the current proposals, send your comments to LB Hounslow Planning Department NOW. Send your views (in your own words) by:
Write: Shane Baker, Development Control, LB Hounslow, Civic Centre, Lampton Road, Hounslow TW3 4DN
Quote: Planning application reference P/2013/1811 in any correspondence – this is essential
Football fans are flooding the department with messages of support. Numbers count. Views aired at meetings and comments posted on W4 forum will not be taken into account by the Planning Department – only those that are sent directly to them in response to the application. Time is running out.
The proposed scheme is for a 20,000 capacity stadium plus over 900 residential units. The site is behind Kew Bridge Station on the Chiswick High Road. It is right opposite the Wellesley Road Conservation Area and only 200 yards from the river at Strand on the Green.
The scheme would have a major impact on residents, businesses and visitors in terms of public transport, traffic, parking, lack of infrastructure (see below).
Request that this application is Refused
- our wonderful surroundings – including the River Thames, the Royal Botanic Gardens Kew (a World Heritage Site), Gunnersbury Park, Kew Bridge Steam Museum (with its Grade I listed Pumping Station Tower) and Conservation Areas in Brentford, Chiswick and Kew – the proposals would inflict severe and multiple harm – visual impact, light, noise and air pollution and disrupt access
- public transport – only limited improvements proposed at Kew Bridge Station and none at Gunnersbury Station
- traffic – no solution proposed for gridlock at Kew Bridge and the Chiswick Roundabout – increased local and through journey times – impact on residential streets – more noise and air pollution
- parking – inadequate provision for stadium and residential blocks
- other infrastructure – no contribution proposed for schools, health facilities, or community facilities for new residents
- housing – no homes proposed for families and the elderly, no affordable housing despite these being Hounslow Council’s priorities
- football supporters –stadium design has been compromised to maximise the residential component – proposed scheme will not provide the high-quality experience Brentford supporters are expecting
Produced and distributed by the West Chiswick and Gunnersbury Society, September 2013