Chiswick High Road Action Group sends in objection to Brentford Football Club’s planning application.
This proposal (Planning No 00703/A/P11) is for a new 20,000 seat football stadium, up to 910 high rise residential units, 160 room hotel, ancillary offices etc on land adjacent to the North/South Circular Road at Lionel Road, Chiswick/Brentford, TW8 9QR
In summary, our objections are:
- The scale, height and massing of the 9 high rise residential towers of up to 17 storeys impacts negatively on the surrounding areas and overshadows Chiswick
- The increase in proposed population with no provision for additional social facilities or outside space is unacceptable
- The architecture is inappropriate and characterless with no sense of local pride or civic identity
- The traffic impact of the proposed scheme is enormous and entirely negative, both on roads and on public transport
- The impact on local residential areas and the riverside, both of which are integral to the character and context of our area, are substantial and negative
In short, we worry that this is not really a stadium with enabling development, it is actually a development with enabling stadium which provides the veneer of community benefit to a very substantial building programme which may well damage the very communities and areas it claims to be supporting.